Ride to Work

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Follow On MG Ride

Random photo of Charlene on the Bullet in front of Bartram's Covered Bridge
On Tuesday afternoon, after I got back home from my ride on the Bullet, my wife and I went out for a ride on the MG.  I am trying to burn as much gas as I can because I got an appointment for next Tuesday at Gene's to install the new tank.

We wanted to go out to the Starbucks in Edgemont, on the West Chester Pike, but I did not want to drive out there on the Pike.  We headed out Goshen to Providence and took that to the Pike.  At the Pike I wasn't sure if the Edgemont was East or West of the Providence intersection so I chose West.  Wrong answer.  We followed the Pike all the way to 352 and made a right for Strasburg Rd.  We followed that down past Providence and then took the right at Boot Rd just past Bartram's Covered Bridge.  Once we reached the Pike again we stopped at the Starbucks and got some coffee.

From there we took the Pike to Providence and followed that all the way to Sugartown and then took the right to Spring/Jaffrey.  At the intersection of Spring and Warren we ran into a pelotón milling about, one of the guys was wearing an ONCE (the National Organization of the Spanish Blind - also the people that run the lottery in Spain) jersey which I found amusing, but they cleared the way and took off down Warren. I was glad for that because I did not want them in front of my on Jaffrey and I would have then taken Warren instead which is not as much fun on the twists and turns.  I followed Jaffrey to Grubb, mimicking my earlier ride, and took the right there.  However, at the link up with Davis and White Horse I took White Horse to Grubbs Mill and that to Goshen for the ride back fearing that we were losing light fast and keeping in mind that my head lights are still out.

Before we left I put on the original hubcaps to test them out.  They held up pretty well until we got less than a thousand yards from the house.  At that point on Earles Lane I lost the left front and the left rear within seconds of each other.  So much for my fix.

We saw a black Maserati on Goshen very near to 252 and a white Tesla on Earles Lane when I stopped to pick up the first runaway hubcap.  This may be the same white Tesla I've seen in the neighborhood before.  We also so a late 60s/early 70's Pontiac and a red GTO on Goshen on the way out.  I'll count the exotics but I don't think I'll count the other two in the classic tally.  Today on my commute home on the Bullet I saw a metallic blue Ferrari on Sproul Rd.

The ride on Spring/Jaffrey is almost as much fun on the MG as it is on the Bullet.  The roads back there are just the right amount of twist and hill to really make a fabulous ride.  I will miss that when we are gone.

That brings the exotic tally to 10 Ferraris, 8 Teslas, 2 Lambos, 6 Maseratis, 2 Cobras, 2 Bentleys, 2 Unknowns, 1 Rolls Royce, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Austin-Healey.

No comments:

Post a Comment