Ride to Work

Monday, April 27, 2015

GE 4415A Amber Fog Light

GE 4415A
Saturday we were in DC most of the day but we got back early enough that I had enough time to fool around with the car.

The fog light on the MG has been out since shortly after I got it and I've been meaning to replace it.  My idea was to climb under the car and take it off because you can't just undo the screw holding the rim of the light together because the badge bar and apron are on the way.  I didn't jack the car up, just got under it, unfastened the bolt holding the light, and then removed the rim.  The light is held in place by three spring clips, one of which managed to sail off into the unknown not to be found again until the following day.  But I can't complain, I found the dammed thing.

I took the bulb to my local Pep Boys but I did not expect that they would have it in stock.  I was not disappointed.  They did search the net and found the bulb I needed listed in several places.  I could have done that myself but I appreciate the extra effort.

I found the bulb at Replacement Light Bulbs for $8.49 plus shipping.  It's not a GE but a Wagner but I don't really care so long as it works.  I ordered right away and got confirmation today that it would be here in 3 to 5 days.  Just in time for the weekend.

My plan was not to separate the fog light frame from the car but, as things would have it, re-assembling the whole contraption proved harder than I imagined.  So I cut the wire and took the fixture off.  I didn't see the point of reassembling until I had the new light so all the parts are sitting now in a bag on top of my workbench.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

1 comment:

  1. ackauto.com offers Car Headlight in USA, Car Tail light in USA, Car signal light in USA, Car fog light in USA. Find the right Headlight for your car.
    ackauto.com offers Car Headlight in USA, Car Tail light in USA, Car signal light in USA, Car fog light in USA. Find the right Headlight for your car.
    ackauto.com offers Car Fog Light in USA, Car Tail light in USA, Car signal light in USA, Car Headlight in USA. Find the right Headlight for your car.
    Shop for the best Car Blower at great prices, ackauto.com offers the best Blower in USA, Car Blower Motor in USA, Car Blowers in USA. Find the right Blowers for your car.
    ackauto.com offers Car Mirrors in USA, Car Mirror Power Heated in USA, Car Mirror Power Non-Heated in USA, Car Mirror Driver & Passenger Side in USA.
    ackauto.com offers Car Mirrors in USA, Car Mirror Driver Side in USA, Car Mirror Power Heated in USA, Car Mirror Power Non-Heated in USA.
    Shop for the best Car Floor Mats at great prices, ackauto.com offers the best Car Floor Mats in USA. Find the right Floor Mats for your car.
    Shop for the best Car Hub Cabs at great prices, ackauto.com offers the best Car Hub Cabs in USA. Find the right Hub Cabs for your car.
    Shop for the best Car Covers at great prices, ackauto.com offers the best Car Covers in USA. Find the right Covers for your car.

    ReplyDelete