Ride to Work

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bohn Bodyguard System


Bohn Bodyguard System
Yesterday afternoon UPS delivered a packaged from Bohn Armor containing a pair of Adventure Pants, an Airtex Shirt, and a balaclava which they threw in for good measure.  I've been thinking about getting this stuff for awhile and I finally took the jump.  It all appears to be well made, it fit well, and it was comfortable for the short time I wore it.  Haven't riding on it yet but that is definitely the next step.

Most of the armor is already in place except for the thigh guards for the pants that come separate.  The instructions say that most people chose not to wear them so they leave them out and you can put them in if you want.  I don't see the sense of having it and not wearing it so I put them in.  We'll see what the issue is once I actually use them.  They were a bit of a bear to put in until I figured out that it would be easier to turn the pants inside out, insert the armor, and then turn the back out.  That is actually easier said than done but not a huge problem or impossibility.

I seriously thought about wearing the pants under my suit on the commute to work today but I just did not want to deal with changing when I got there.  I may go that route but I just wasn't up to it today.  The commute was fine, no issue with the malfunction I experienced yesterday but then I did not push the bike either.  I have been thinking about that and I thought that maybe the bike fell into a false neutral but I did try to downshift and got no go there either.  I should have fiddled with the gears once I stopped and before I turned of the engine but I didn't so I have no way of knowing.  Let's hope it doesn't happen again.  The odo this afternoon reads 2847.8 (I think) since I did not come home for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment