Ride to Work

Friday, April 3, 2015

Motorcycle Day - 2015

2735.1 at the gas station
 Officially calling Maundy Thurday, 02 April 2015, Motorcycle Day for the year.  After I got home from the ride with my wife on the MG I decided to continue the fun and run the Bullet out to get some gas at the Wawa in West Chester.  It didn't really need gas but with such great weather after this long winter I was not going to let the opportunity go to waste.  Besides, I wanted to see how much juice the new muffler and Power Commander added to the mix.

I took the regular Goshen - Strasburg Rd loop out to the Wawa.  The Bullet definitely has a lot more pep than before.  Unfortunately, the roads are still pretty torn up and full of potholes so I don't think I was able to open her up as far as she would go.  I did get a nice stretch where I was able to reach an maintain 75 mph for a shot while.  It felt like the Bullet might even go a little faster but we ran out of good road really quickly and I didn't have the chance to try it.

Other than the hole on the rode the ride out and back were great.  When I left the house I had 2725.3 miles on the odo from the morning commute to work.  At the Wawa the odo read 2735.1.  The tank took 2.254 gallons at $2.989 per gallon for a total of $6.74.  I put 123.6 miles on the odo since the last fill-up on Christmas Day of 2014.   That puts the mileage at 54.83 mpg.  I suppose that new set up will lower my mileage but I am glad to have the extra punch.

A great ride despite the potholes.  On the return home, I had 2744.9 miles on the odo.  Couldn't ask for better weather or conditions.  Unfortunately, rain is on its way so I might not be able to ride again until Easter Sunday which also happens to be the Feast of Saint Vicenç de Ferrer this year.

2744.9 at home



No comments:

Post a Comment