Ride to Work

Friday, April 17, 2015

3K Miles on the Bullet

At the Octagonal School House behind Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery
This morning the roads were wet from evening rain but by 13:00 the clouds had broken up and the roads were fairly dry.  I had a day off from work today because I am leaving for a conference tonight and I took a little break in my preparations to take a ride on the Bullet.

My original flight plan was to do the Dragon but as I got into the ride I had to keep revising that plan down because I realized that I really did not have that much time.  I headed up Goshen towards Garrett Mill Rd and there across the West Chester Pike into 926.  By about the time I had reached 352 I had scaled the plan down to either go to Chadds Ford or to Pocopson and turn around.  As I continued up 926, I revised the plan again to make a left on Birmingham Rd, go to the Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery and use that as a turn around point.

Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery
I stopped at the cemetery to take some pics and made the return trip on a reverse route.  It was another excellent ride.  The sky never quite turn completely blue and there were some threatening clouds to the southeast but the rain never came back.  I wore the Bohn pants and a T-shirt and a mesh jacket.  I think I was a little over ambitious in thinking summer.  While it was not uncomfortable, it was still too chilly to just wear a short sleeve shirt with the mesh jacket.  It would have been better if I had had a sweatshirt under the jacket.

No issues, no fuss, no muss.  Road conditions are still not ideal and I was extra careful on Birmingham Rd since I haven't been on it since last year but, other than a rough spot at 926, it was pretty solid all the way to the cemetery.

At the beginning of the ride the odo read 2980.4 miles and at the end 3012.1 miles.  The Bullet went over the 3000 mark on 926 close to Westtown Rd.  I will be taking it in for the 3000 mile check up but not until after the end of May.  I had a check up and oil change done at Joe's less than a month ago so I am not worried.


Octagonal School House

Octagonal School House

Octagonal School House

Octagonal School House

Quaker Meeting House

Quaker Meeting House

Octagonal School House

Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery

2996.0 at the cemetery

3012.1 at the end of the ride



No comments:

Post a Comment