Ride to Work

Friday, April 17, 2015

Afternoon Ride

2960.4 at the end of the ride.
Monday was a fabulous day, clear, blue skies, and temps in the mid 70s.  A perfect day to take a ride after commuting to work.

I took the road up Goshen to Grubbs Mill Rd. and made that right in front of the Llama Farm.  Followed Grubbs Mill to White Horse and the fork of Davis Rd. where I took that to Providence Rd.  At Providence I made a right to Sugartown and then took the next right on Spring Rd.  Following that across Warren into Jaffrey Rd. to where it Ts out on Grubb.  At Grubb I made a left and followed that to the Devon Rd.  I made a right at Devon to Darby and crossed 252 onto Sugartown.  I followed that to Church and made the right on Church to Beaumont for another right.  On Newtown Rd. I made a ride to the roundabout and took that to St. Davids following it back to Church and then home.

The roads conditions are still spotty everywhere but knowing where the big holes are makes the ride a little easier.  The run down Jaffrey is new to me.  Jaffrey has some pretty tight turns and keeps with the generally hilly topography of the area.  There was one spot in which I took one of those turns a little high and I had to drift onto the oncoming lane.  Not a good feeling and thankfully there was no other traffic so it all worked out.  Excellent ride overall, glad the season has finally turned.  It was actually a little warm in a leather jacket with the Bohn armor, long sleeve Tshirt, and zip up sweatshirt.  Time to readjust the wardrobe.

At the end of the ride the odo read 2960.4.  I figured that it must have been around 2937 after the commute to work so I calculate the ride at about 23 miles, give or take.

No comments:

Post a Comment