Ride to Work

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Little Red Barn

Little Red Barn
Yesterday afternoon I went for a short ride at around 17:00 which proved to be the worst time to go riding.  I didn't have a long ride in mind because I needed to be home by 18:00 so I headed up Goshen towards Providence Rd.  The ride on Goshen before getting to 252 was not bad but after crossing 252 there must have been a line of five or six cars following Goshen in front of me.  I thought for a second to the take the right turn on Grubbs Mill Rd but that got passed me because I was focus on the traffic ahead.  There was a line of cars backed up from the stop sign at Providence to almost the intersection of Grubbs Mill.

There I decided to take a right and follow Providence to Sugartown for another right to Spring Road.  I figured that Providence and Sugartown would be heavy but Spring might not be as bad and I wanted to try the curves on Spring/Jaffrey again.  I was right.  Did much better on those curves as well because I knew what to expect and nothing got me unaware.   At the end of Jaffrey I took a left on Grubb and followed that out all the way to the General Wayne Elementary School parking lot where I turned around and headed back down Grubb.  I did not want to go up to Devon Rd because I figured traffic would be bad there as well.  On the way back down Grubb, I pulled into someone's driveway to take a couple of shots of this little red barn I noticed on the way out.  I wanted the tree in the shot and it's too bad the the power lines run right through it because otherwise it would have been a great shot.

From there I continued on down Grubb to Davis Rd and followed that to Warren Ave.  I took the left on Warren towards Providence Rd because I wanted to see if traffic had dissipated.  It had scaled down a little but not much and the crossroads at Providence and Goshen were still backed up all four ways.  From there I followed Goshen back home.

Nice temps and blue skies with some scattered clouds.  I was smart enough to wear leather and a fleece under jacket with the Bohn gear so no cold issues.  The lesson learned is that there is quite a bit of commuter traffic even in the back roads so not a really good time to ride.

I left the house at 17:15 with 3116.7 miles on the odo and returned at 18:04 with 3137.0 on the odo.

This morning on the commute to work on the Bullet I saw a silver and white Rolls just past the Notre Dame de Namur School on Sproul Road.  This afternoon on the way home I saw a black Bentley on Spring Mill Rd just past the overpass.  That brings the exotic tally to 9 Ferraris, 7 Teslas, 2 Lambos, 5 Maseratis, 2 Cobras, 2 Bentleys, 2 Unknowns, 1 Rolls Royce, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Austin-Healey.

Little Red Barn


Outbound 3116.7

On return 3137.0

No comments:

Post a Comment