Ride to Work

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Carlisle Import & Kit Car Show

Number 16 for Carlisle
I was out all weekend on a work trip so there was no riding to be had.  There was some rain on Monday so no commute then either.  However, this morning cleared up quickly after some early rain that started about 07:00 but was done by 08:00.  I stopped at Boyle's for gas on the way home for lunch but I did not take the Bullet back because I had an appointment with the eye doctor and riding with dilated pupils did not appeal to me.

The good news is that the pass to the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals came in today's mail.  Now we are ready for Montse's first big show.  The show is just a little less than a month away and I still haven't heard from the welder.  I've called and left a couple of messages but they don't return my calls.  I guess I will have to go with the leaky tank because at this rate I won't have the tank back in time to have it installed.  Not happy about this.

3018.7 at Boyle's
At Boyle's the odo read 3018.7, the next fill up need to happen before 3218.  I got a receipt from the pump but I misplaced it somewhere so I have no way of calculating mileage.  ( Addendum: I found the receipt.  The tank took 2.337 gallons at $3.019 per gallon for $7.06.  That is 140.2 miles since the last fill up for 59.99 mpg.)

On leaving Boyle's I made a right on Conestoga because making a left out of there is taking your life in your own hands.  I followed Conestoga to Church, made a left on Abrahams Lane and then a right on Newtown Road to Darby-Paoli.  At the stop on Darby Paoli I saw a white Tesla making a left onto Newtown Rd.

The exotic car tally now stands at 9 Ferraris, 7 Teslas, 2 Lambos, 5 Maseratis, 2 Cobras, 2 Unknowns, 1 Bentley, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Austin-Healey.

No comments:

Post a Comment