Ride to Work

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Losing Parts

Yesterday I noticed that the MG was missing part of the running board trim.  This is going to be a nightmare to replace.

I began by checking with the MG Magic website and I found a replacement set there that doesn't even look like mine and that costs almost $100.  After the hubcap debacle (see here, here, here, and here) the wise decision is not to even consider MG Magic unless they have absolutely, exactly, the same thing one is looking for.

I checked with the guys on the MG TDr forum and they came up with some good suggestions, auto part stores, boat stores, the internet, but nothing that has panned out.  The local NAPA, as expected, was no help at all and Pep Boys was even worse.  I did find something similar on the internet and ordered 10 feet of it as a possible back up.  At a little under $10 with shipping I couldn't see how it could go wrong even if it doesn't fit at all.

My next plan is to keep an eye out for boat stores and see if maybe that pans out.  I believe there are a couple of boat places on 30 out towards Lancaster County and I will stop there next time I head out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment