Ride to Work

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bishop Hollow Redoux

Ellis Preserve
After the debacle with the repair pits on Bishop Hollow/Ridley Creek Road last month a recon of the area had to be conducted.  Not having anyone to do that for me, I had to do it myself so Tuesday evening I took the Bullet out to check the road conditions.  The best plan of attack was to come at the route from the opposite direction, i.e. from 352 and Rose Tree, since that side of the road was in good repair and it did not appear like the work crews would be tearing it up.

With that in mind I headed out Goshen with the intention of catching Garrett Mill to 926 and 352.  However, traffic conditions on Goshen where great with virtually no one else on the road but me to I stayed on Goshen/Strasburg all the way out to 352.  From there I took Rose Tree Road and followed that out to Ridley Creek/Bishop Hollow.

Road conditions have improved dramatically since the last ride here.  The road crews have completed all their work and large stretches of the road are now completely resurfaced.  There are a couple of small holes here and there but nothing to create any problems.  It looks like they have been at both sides of the road and the resurfacing work has definitely improved the quality of this ride.  Time to comeback to it.

After finishing the run at the West Chester Pike I took a left there and went to the Ellis Preserve to do some figure eights and goof off in the parking lot.  By this time of the day, almost 20:00, the lot was mostly deserted so I had a chance to goof around to my heart's content.

I left the house at 18:59 with 4020.9 miles on the odo and returned at 19:59 with 4050.4 miles clocked.  Great ride all in all with the portion on Ridley Creek/Bishop Hollow yielding as much fun as the Dragon beyond Route 1, not as long but just as many twists and hills per yard.

Two Teslas today on the commute to work a black on this morning on Godfrey going in the opposite direction and a red one this afternoon on the way back from lunch turning left onto Spring Mill from 30 in front of me.  The exotic tally stands at 16 Teslas, 15 Ferraris, 11 Maseratis, 5 Bentleys, 3 Cobras, 3 McLarens,  2 Austin-Healeys, 2 Lambos, 2 Unknowns,1 Rolls Royce, and 1 DeLorean.




No comments:

Post a Comment