Ride to Work

Thursday, June 4, 2015

3K+ Maintenance

Royal Enfield line up at Kiss Honda
This morning I had a maintenance appointment at 10:30 in Pottstown at Kiss Honda.  I left the house shortly after 09:15 with 3800.1 miles on the odo and headed out to Pottstown.  The plan was to take Church out to Waterloo and follow that out to Valley Forge.  However, after I short run on Church, I realized that it probably would be best to stay on Church to Sugartown and take 252 all the way out to the park because road conditions on Waterloo above 30 were not very good last time I was there.

That plan worked fairly well because by this time of the morning the morning rush hour had died down and volume on the road was not bad.  Once on 23 I quickly turned off at Valley Park Rd because of the closure of 23 at the Pickering Creek.  I followed Valley Park to White Horse and took the right there.  Traffic here was seriously backed up so instead of staying on Whiter Horse, I made the left at Pothouse Rd.  I got a little turned around after making that left so that when I came out on 29 I took another left instead of the right and started heading the wrong way.  I realized my mistake soon enough and just did a quick turn around at a wide spot on the road and headed back towards Phoenixville.  Once there, I got back on 23 and headed out to Pottstown.

3827.8 at refuel
At the Sunoco on the corner of 724 and Bridge Street I pulled over to refuel.  The tank took 1.505 gallons of Ultra at $3.249 per gallon for a total of $4.89.  Since last refuel we've ranged 98.9 miles for a mileage of 65.71 mpg.  I had to be very careful filling up because the pump had no medium speed, it was all or nothing, and I was afraid to overfill or spill over.

The gas station is only about seven miles from Pottstown so I was able to make my scheduled appointment time without any problems.  I had the 3K miles check and inspection done and I asked to have the kickstand switch removed.  The mechanic told me that they couldn't do that because of liability issues but that I should be able to do it fairly easily.  It took them less than an hour to have the Bullet ready.  In the mean time I played with the pug and took a couple of pics of the yellow Continental they have in the show room.  Not sure if I like the yellow better than the red but it's still a very nice looking bike.  The price on the sticker is $5999.  Let's see if it's still around at the end of the summer.

The ride back involved a different route to avoid the congestion problems on White Horse.  I got to 29 and took that to 30.  It didn't help to change the route, there was an Oregonian bound and determined to ride her brakes all the way from 23 to 30 and a huge Home Depot truck maneuvering in the middle of 29 to make a delivery.  At 30 I took my new preferred route to Old Lincoln and Warren but at the Paoli Pike I took that to Darby, Devon and 252 for the shorter route home.

When I got home, at 12:15, I looked a the kickstand switch, followed the wire to were I found a connector behind the battery box and unplugged it.  The switch is no longer an issue.  At home, the odo read 3865.7 for 65.6 miles on this ride.

It was overcast and chilly all the way there and all the way back.  I layered up but I should have worn leather instead of the mesh jacket.  It wasn't miserable but it was not enjoyable.  I guess the temps were in the mid 60s but the wet in the air and the overcast did not help.

Didn't see any exotics or classics on this ride but yesterday on the commute home from work there was a blue Bentley making a turn on Ithan from Conestoga by the Agnes Irwin School.

The exotic tally stands at 15 Ferraris, 14 Teslas, 11 Maseratis, 5 Bentleys, 3 Cobras, 3 McLarens,  2 Austin-Healeys, 2 Lambos, 2 Unknowns,1 Rolls Royce, and 1 DeLorean.

Continental

3800.1 at departure

3865.7 on return


No comments:

Post a Comment