Ride to Work

Monday, June 15, 2015

Two Half Dragons

Friday morning I commuted to work on the Bullet as usual and stopped at the Most Expensive Gas Station in the Galaxy,  the Shell on the corner of Spring Mill and 30.  The reason for the stop was so that I could leave straight from the parking lot at noon and head out towards the Dragon without having to go home or stop somewhere for gas.  I wasn't sure that I could make it all the way out to Chadds Ford  before refueling and that is the most convenient station on this route.

At the station the Bullet had 4075.1 miles on the odo.  The tank took 2.182 gallons of premium at $3.999 a gallon for a total of $8.73.  Since the last refuel the Bullet had racked up 128.7 miles for a mileage of  58.98 mpg.

A little after noon I headed out Ithan with just a little oover 4075.1 miles on the odo.  I followed the Ithan loop to Sproul and took a left there to Roberts for the Right at Darby Paoli to Goshen.

From there I followed my regular loop out to the Dragon and stayed on that all the way until I entered Kennett Square.  I used the parking lot of the Gran Sasso, on the corner of 82 and Walnut as a turn around point and took the same route back.  The run in reverse was just as much fun but I did get lost on Mt. Cuba again.  This time I took the wrong fork and realized as soon as I had done so I did a quick turn around and got back on 82.

I think I have reached the limit of the envelope on this ride.  There are some curves the really scare the bejesus out of me but I am taking most of them as fast as I am going to do it.  The two way ride was really very enjoyable because it drops out the boring part of 926 but it is a little tiring.  Despite all that I think I will keep at it for most Friday afternoons from now on.

I got home at 14:38, figuring getting on the road about 12:15 that makes for a little under two and a half hours on the ride.  The odo read 4152.6 making this loop a little over 77 miles.  A good ride all in all, not mechanical problems, and no traffic problems.


On return




No comments:

Post a Comment