Ride to Work

Monday, June 8, 2015

Post Kickstand Switch Removal Shakedown

At the Gun Club
On Thursday evening, after work, the Bullet got a shakedown tour to check out the differences on the pre and post removal of the kickstand switch.

I left the house shortly before 19:00 with 3876.3 miles on the odo.  There was no concrete flight plan on file, just probably a run out Goshen/Strasburg to open the throttle a little.  Soon after crossing 252 on Goshen the plan changed slightly.  The new plan was for a run to Garrett Mill out to 352 and that out to the gun club since it being Thursday night and the league starting time having been changed to 18:00 some of my friends might still be there.  This new plan provided a little comic relief, as I approached the red barn on Garrett Mill a white goose came running at me trying to scare me off its property.  I was able to avoid it without any problems but I almost fell of the bike laughing.

I made good time out on the run and was out at the club by 19:30.  However, by this time everything was shut down tight and everyone had gone home.  So I just turned around and headed back home on the same route I had taken on the way in.  Once I turned back onto Goshen from Garrett Mill I revised the plan again to take Sugartown out to the Paoli Pike and then follow that loop of Darby/Devon/Sugartown and the other Waterloo to the Easttown Library.  This was a good change because there is that bit of road on Sugartown between Goshen and Providence where the straightaway is good to really open the throttle.

I stopped at the Easttown Library for a bit and then headed home from there via Church.  I was back home at 20:31 with 3926.6 miles on the odo for 50.3 miles on this run.

The Bullet appears to be running much more smoothly since the removal of the kickstand switch.  There are not as many backfires and sputterings as I had noticed since the installation of the Power Commander.  There were no disengages or power loses and overall the riding experience appeared much smoother.  My theory is that the increased thump and vibration from the new silencer caused the switch to disconnect, however slightly, several times during the ride.  Most times these momentary disconnects just caused sputtering and backfires but sometimes they were big enough to cause a complete stoppage.  On the straightaway run on Sugartown the Bullet was able to take full throttle and reach and maintain 75 mph without out any problems.  Maybe the disconnect issues are finally resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment