Ride to Work

Monday, June 1, 2015

Easttown Library Concert

Triumph TR4
Sunday afternoon the Easttown Library was hosting a concert given by a string an brass ensemble from the Main Line Symphony.  So with good weather forecast until the evening I took the Bullet out to go the concert.  Charlene was already there because she had organized the event so I had a solo ride.

I took Darby-Paoli and followed that out to Church and Sugartown.  At Sugartown I made the left to Waterloo (the other Waterloo) and took that to the library.  When I pulled up in the parking lot there was a red Triumph TR4 next to the spot where I parked.  So I took the opportunity to take a couple of shots of it.  The owner and his wife came up and we chatted a little about the car, it was a California car that someone else had brought to Pennsylvania and the present owner bought it from that person.  He offered to sell it to me because he is looking to buy a Porsche.  I declined the offer, there are way too many other things that I want before a TR4 despite the fact that it was a very nice car.

The concert was excellent.  I took a bunch of shots for Charlene so she can use them on the library's website to promote their programs.

Brass and strings

After the show, I headed back home the long way.  I took a right at Sugartown from Waterloo and a left at Newtown Road.  That took me to the St Davids roundabout which I took to St Davids Rd.  When I got to Harrison I made the left there and followed that loop to Church.  At Church I cut across to S. Valley Forge Rd and followed that past where it turns into Dorset to Devon for the left.  There I continued to Waterloo (the right Waterloo this time) and took that to Church.  I followed Church all the way out to Goshen and took the hill for the run to Earles Lane.

The whole run, including the trip to the library, was probably around 18 miles through mostly shaded country lanes.  One of the things that I love about living here is that I can have some great easy country rides without having to go very far from the house.

The classic car tally is now three Nash Metropolitans, three 1950s Jags, three 1960's 'Vettes, one MGA, one Hot Rod, one 1950s Chrysler, one 1950s Oldsmobile, one 1950's Plymouth, one Karmann Ghia, one 1950s grocery-getter, one Triumph TR4, and one Ford Model A.

Triumph and Bullet












No comments:

Post a Comment