Ride to Work

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Antique Plates (Part II)

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in its infinite wisdom, has seen it fitting and proper to issue Montse with an antique plate.  The plate and title came in a week ago under separate cover.  The title came directly to me in the mail but the plate was delivered to First Class Auto Tag Service for pick up.  The lady at First Class called me a week ago Friday but we were in New York then and did not get back to PA until late on Saturday night.  First Class is closed on Mondays so I was not able to pick up the plate until Tuesday but it's finally on the car.  I also bought a new frame at Pep Boys yesterday to replace the original since it was cracked on the top.  Surprisingly enough, Pep Boys had the same identical frame for about $7.00.

Once the plate is issued there is no need to ever renew it and the inspection requirement for the car goes away.  I will continue to have a safety inspection performed once a year by a qualified VW mechanic to make sure that all systems are go but that is something that I will have to do on my own.

Odometer reading on  27 June 2015
The new title used the same mileage as I reported on Sept. 26 of last year, 2214 miles, but I am not opening the can of worms to get it revised.  The odometer reading yesterday (26 June 2015) evening was 4325 miles and I am using this blog and the photo of the odometer (with EFIX dating) as a memorialized evidentiary support of that fact.

The trick question is whether once I move from Pennsylvania would I be able to keep the car registered as a PA antique vehicle.  I think so but only time will tell.




Random accidental shot of the last inspection sticker Montse should ever have

No comments:

Post a Comment