Ride to Work

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Parcae Strike Again

It was my intention to ride out to Brookhaven directly after work this afternoon.  The Parcae, however, had other ideas.  Despite a previous forecast of clear weather the day broke overcast as grey.  I risked riding in to work for the morning commute but the clouds did not break up by noon.  Rode back home for lunch and left the bike there because I knew that if I continued with my plan, the Tria Fata would cause the skies to break open on my head once I was far away enough to not make a difference.  Now that I decided not to ride from work everything will be fine and it won't rain at all.

The morning commute wasn't bad, a little cold for my mesh jacket even with a sweatshirt under it.  Most of the road work on my route has been done but there is a huge lake of loose gravel at the Overbrook Golf Club entrance on Godfrey Road.  That's a tight turn and loose gravel seems to pool down there.   The work on Earle's Lane and Malin Road continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment