Ride to Work

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good is self evident, the Bullet is a hoot to ride and I just can't wait to get the break-in period done so I can really see what it can do.

The Bad and the Ugly are not so bad and ugly but here's what I've found so far:


  1. Mirrors - Totally useless.  They shake, rattle, and roll so much that I feel like Big Joe Turner.  The shake, rattle, and roll, however, is not the problem.  The problem is that no matter how I adjust them all I can see is my elbows.  To look behind me I have to take by hand of the bar and move my arm across my body so I can get a peek.  My solution is to get some Napoleon bar end mirrors and see how that goes.  I figure they will still do the Big Joe Turner but at least I should be able to see past my elbows.
  2. Helmet Lock - Doesn't have one.  When I use it for commuting, I park it in a covered garage and I would like to leave my helmet on it.  Without a lock I don't feel comfortable that my helmet won't sprout feet and walk away.  NField Gear has a cheap helmet lock that I'm going to try.
  3. Headlight Visor - Mine didn't come with one.  I don't know why, it just didn't.  This is on the Ugly department because the visor really doesn't do anything that I need but I like the way it looks and I'm going to get one from NField Gear to correct that deficiency.  
That is all for now, as I find more things I will add them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment