Ride to Work

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Bullet and the Midget

 Not the greatest pics since they were taken with my phone and the photo quality of that camera is pretty bad but, since I didn't have the pocket camera with me, these will have to do.

I know we won't have a chance to ride either one this weekend because we have house guest but I wanted to have the MGTDr handy just in case.  I commuted to work this morning on the Bullet and at lunch I took a ride out to the storage area to change it for the MG.   I left the office and went out County Line Rd to meet with Upper Gulph Road.  I took a left there and followed Upper Gulph, past the dogleg with King of Prussia Road, to its meeting with Conestoga.  I kept on Conestoga to Howellville Road for a left and then a right at 30 to the storage area.  I had never done this ride before, either on the Bullet or in any of my cars, and it is a really good way to get a long way West on 30 without going through some of its heavily congested areas.  I will definitely keep this route in mind when making that trek.

On the way back, on the MG, I followed the same route in reverse except that I made a left on Glenn Ave to Old Lancaster Rd to find the end of Conestoga.  I missed that but turned around a couple of hundred yards down the road to get on Conestoga.  I was cool and overcast during the whole ride.  At some points it looked like it might rain and then a couple of minutes later the clouds would break up only to gather up again.  Despite the threat, it didn't rain either during the ride or on the way back home from work.  Fall is definitely here, this morning the temp was 54 degrees and I bundled up with a sweater under my suit jacket because I knew the wind would cut right to me.  I guess that the temps through out the day have been in the high 60s but because of the overcast it has felt much colder.  Weather aside, the next 3 weekends will be busy and there will not be a lot of time, if any, for riding so my season my be effectively coming to an end.  My plan is to continue commuting until the highs drop below 55 at which point all the fun is gone and there is no point.  I will probably take the Bullet to Joe's for winterizing in the last weekend of October if everything works out and the Parcae allow it.

The official PA title for the MG came in the mail today.  I was a little worried about this because my friend had tried to change the title from NJ to PA before and the Commonwealth, in its infinite wisdom, had not done it for whatever reason.  So that when he transferred title over to me, it had been a NJ title.  That's over, now I'm just waiting for the registration stickers.





No comments:

Post a Comment