Ride to Work

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Commute Notes/Evening Ride

Not in the habit of posting on my commute but on Tuesday I had two exotic car sightings so this is an exception.  On the way to work there was a silver Maserati stopped at the oncoming lane of the Spring Mill and 30 intersection and at lunch I saw a yellow Ferrari on a flatbed tow truck at the same intersection, going east on 30.  I debated whether to count that but I decided that it is an exotic and that I saw it while riding the Bullet so it's going in the tally.

The exotic car tally now stands at 6 Ferraris, 2 Lambos, 2 Maseratis, 1 unknown, 1 Cobra, 1 Bentley, 1 DeLorean, 1 Tesla, and 1 MGA.

After work on Tuesday, I took a little ride out my favorite loop but first I rode back to work on my regular commuter route because I thought I had left my camera in the office.  It turns out that I did not even take my work bag in to work so it was time away from the loop for nothing.  I did go back the long way, via Ithan Rd, just for the change.  Once on Sproul I followed that out to Goshen for a hard right over the Darby creek bridge.  I stayed on that all the way up to Duttons Mill for a right at Sugartown.  My intention was to take Providence from Sugartown but again, not being sure if Providence linked before or after Duttons Mill, I overshot that intersection and had to cut through The Institutes to get to Providence.  From the I went back to Goshen for the way home.

Another beautiful day to ride, cool enough for long sleeves under the mesh but not uncomfortable.  There were some high scattered clouds but no threat of rain and because of the hour, I started the right at a little after 19:00, it darkened fairly quickly.  I noticed that the high beam indicator light has gone out so I will have to have that replaced next time I go out to Pottstown.

On leaving for this ride the odo read 2100.5 by the return it was at 2127.8.


No comments:

Post a Comment