Ride to Work

Thursday, October 16, 2014

MGTDr Cowl Brackets

Cowl Brackets
 Got these aluminum cowl brackets for a Chevette based Fiberfab kit from one of the guys at The MGTD Replica Car Owners Club.  I thought that there should not be that much difference in this area between a VW based and Chevette based kit.

Unfortunately, the snaps to secure the side curtains to the body are quite close to the windshield post interfering with the placing of the cowl brackets.  Installing the brackets will not work out right with those snaps where they are now.

I am considering moving the snaps but before I do anything that drastic, I would need to put up the top and see if the snaps can be relocated.  That may be a project for sometime down the road.

It rained yesterday and in the afternoon of the day before.  I was able ride the Bullet to work in the morning of day before but not yesterday.  Today the weather is perfect, bright, blue, and cool.  Rode the Bullet to work and would like to take a ride after work but might not be able to do it because I have a lecture to attend and I may not get out until later.



Windshield Post & Side Curtain Snap


Location of Cowl Brackets

No comments:

Post a Comment