Ride to Work

Monday, October 20, 2014

False Neutrals Friday

Okehocking Preserve

Friday afternoon I took a ride out towards 926 to enjoy the clear day and the cool weather.  I also wanted to get some photos because the leaves are starting to turn.  I ran the loop out Goshen to Garrett Mill Road and stopped at Garrett Mill Park, across from the Okehocking Preserve to get some shots.  On the way up Goshen, I had an incident when the Bullet went into a false neutral on acceleration from fourth to fifth.  I tried to kick back down and it just get going back into false neutrals all the way down.  I pulled over to the side, kicked it down into first and then proceeded without trouble.

On the way out 926, I was decelerating from fourth to third coming to the to stop light at Shiloh Rd when the same thing happened again.  Not having a shoulder to pull into on 926, I coasted right on Shiloh to find a spot to get in gear again.  Once stopped, I was able to get into first and proceed on.  The flight plan did not include this turn, I had hoped to got to 202 and turn around at the shopping center there, so I had to improvise, adapt, and overcome.  

I followed Shiloh  to the T at Little Shiloh, then to Westtown Rd for a right and back to 926 for a left and the return loop.  

Despite the false neutral issues, it was a really good ride with no other issues and excellent weather and temps.   Not sure why the false neutral happened, all I can do is watch and see if it happens again.  If it does, I will have to have it checked and repair if needed.

At the beginning of the ride, the odo read 2303.6 miles and by the end it was at 2333.1 miles.

See my other Bullet pictures in my Flickr page Motorcycles album.




Okehocking Preserve

Okehocking Preserve

No comments:

Post a Comment