Ride to Work

Friday, October 10, 2014

Gassing up at Boyle's

Had to stop at Boyle's on the way home from work yesterday to gas up.  The odo was reading 2238.7 miles, a little over 210 miles since the last fill-up but the reserve light had not come on.  I don't generally like to push it over the 200 mile limit between fill ups but this time the count got away from me.  I also don't like to gas up the Bullet at Boyle's, although I generally do my regular cars there, because they are only full serve and just put the hose in the tank and walk away to take care of other customers.  Thankfully, they know me there so the kid that runs the pump let me fill-up by myself without his "help".

The tank took 3.419 gallons.  With 210.5 miles since the last fill up, the mileage on this tank was 61.56 mpg.  Again, I figure the low mileage is due to this tank being mostly taken it with the commute to work and not on long runs.

In the evening, my wife and I took a short turn on the MG.  Nothing far, just out to 252 on Newtown Street Rd to Sugartown and back on Church.  It was a nice evening, already dark but the temps were high enough so as not to freeze in the open car.

This morning I rode the Bullet to work although there is a threat of rain but I will be riding it home at lunch and putting it in the garage behind the MG.  It hasn't rain yet but I don't want to risk the afternoon possibilities because the sky is looking a little ugly.


Took this pic to keep track of the gallons since the pump didn't print a receipt but I liked the reflections in it.


Safe and sound before the rain.







No comments:

Post a Comment