Ride to Work

Monday, July 21, 2014

Lunch Run

Today at lunch I made a run to gas up.  The tank wasn't close to being empty but it was a good excuse to get out.  Took my regular commute route from work down Bryn Mawr Ave. to the West Chester Pike and followed that out to 352.  There, I pulled into the Wawa on the Pike just past 352 and gassed up.  I didn't check the mileage before I left work but at the pump the odo read 1232.9 miles.  The tank took 2.31 gallons so I guess it was a little closer to the line than I thought.  This tank the Bullet averaged 71.17 mpg.  I don't know why mileage is getting better, maybe it is because the trips are getting longer.  Next fill up at 1432, just before the next maintenance.

I headed out by the Manley St. exit of the gas station to 352 which I followed to Strasburg and down to Goshen.  I pondered on taking either Sugartown or Grubbs Mill to avoid the construction drama at 252 and Goshen but time was of the essence and I wanted to stop at home to eat something.  The construction at 252 although annoying did not present any mayor delays.  I had to circle around the Goshen detour beyond that to stop at home and after eating I headed back to work on my regular commute.  Saddle time was a little over and hour and fifteen but I'm not sure of mileage.  I figured somewhere around 25 to 30 miles total.

No comments:

Post a Comment