Ride to Work

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grubbs Mill Road

Yesterday's ride began as a further exploration of the Grubbs Mill area.  The first leg was a regular run up Goshen towards the right turn at Grubbs Mill Rd.  From there to the White Horse fork and following that to the Davis Rd turn.  Davis Rd is a short, wooded, country lane that Ts out at Warren Rd.  A left turn at Warren goes through more wooded and farm areas on a double yellow that eventually comes to Providence Rd.  At the other side of Providence, Warren turns into a dirt lane that Ts out on Goshen.  I have been thinking about taking that portion of Warren for quiet a while but I haven't done it yet.  Instead, I took a left onto Providence towards Goshen for another right there.  I noticed quite a bit more traffic than I have seen before in this area and I also noticed a cop hiding out in a driveway before Hibid Farms waiting for speeders.
I took Goshen up to Reservoir Rd for a run to Paoli Pike and the Sugartown loop to Church Rd and home.  I briefly considered continuing on Sugartown to Dorset so I could stop at St. David's Episcopal for some pictures but decided against it.  I also briefly considered turning off from Church at Valley Forge Rd but I had a tailgater and some traffic at that intersection and I didn't want to risk a crowded left.

As I headed up the hill home, a chipmunk ran out of the woods and right into my path.  The only reason he didn't get run over is because the gods did not will it.  It could have been very ugly.  Ended up with 1135.7 miles on the odo.

No comments:

Post a Comment