Ride to Work

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Big Loop for Lucy

Today I just ran a big loop in the late afternoon, it was a rough day and I needed to clear my head.  It started on the regular Goshen Rd. loop but I took a right on Sugartown to Providence.  There I took another right and stayed on Providence to the West Chester Pike.  I left the Pike with a right turn at Delchester Rd and followed that back to Goshen where I took a left. I followed Goshen to a right on Reservoir Rd and then on to the Paoli Pike.  Instead of keeping on the Paoli leg, I left the Pike with a right at Sugartown back to left on Goshen and then home.

Most of this ride, except for the portions on the pikes was done through country lanes with nice turns and easy hills.  At this time of the day, with the sun going down, there are some nice long shadows but the sun was still high enough not to be in my eyes.  Providence Rd is mostly wooded and shady and there are two four way stops between Strasburg and the Paoli Pike that slowed the run quite a bit.  The Paoli Pike was not busy and this was a rather enjoyable right for a change.

At the end of the ride the odor clocked 1044.9 miles for a total of 31 miles.

I think I'll begin keeping track of exotic cars I see in my rides.  Yesterday we ran across a white Lamborghini and the day before it was a yellow Ferrari, both on 926. 

Last night we had to put down our dog Lucy.  She was fourteen years old and had developed a tumor on her spleen.  She was a sweet old dog and we will miss her tremendously.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment