Ride to Work

Monday, March 23, 2015

Short Rides

Sunday was cold but clear, temps did not get above 41 degrees and that wasn't until about 16:00.  But not being one to waste a clear day with good road conditions I layered up and took the Bullet out.  No plan for a long ride but I wanted to begin seriously testing the glove liners I bought last December.

I took the loop through the neighborhood to Sawmill Rd to 252 and out Newtown Street Rd to Waterloo and Church.  On Church I continued on to Darby Paoli for the right turn over the Darby Creek Bridge on Goshen.  I stopped at the turnout after the bridge for a set of quick pics with the iPhone.

After the pics I just continued up Goshen to Earles Lane and then home.  I did not keep track of mileage, got to get back into the swing of things, but I don't figure on more than 20 miles total.

The glove liners worked real well, they might to be ideal for a long ride but for a short commute to work they will definitely keep my hands warm.  The new boots are biting me below the right ankle.  The ankle support appears to crowd the foot when I walk not an issue while riding but very uncomfortable when taking more than five steps.

After I got home I rolled the MG out and took her for a spin as well.  The oil level was way lower than usual, not quite down a quart but lower than I've seen before.  Will need to keep an eye on that.  I took the loop to Darby Paoli and Church to St. Davids and once around the roundabout to Newtown Street Rd out to Waterloo and down Church again.  On Church I took a right onto Harrison and cut across that neighborhood to St. Davids and back to Church because there are some really nice hilly curves on Harrison and there is usually no traffic on that subdivision.  When I turned left on St. Davids from Harrison I saw black Tesla headed up St. Davids.  Another one for the tally.

After Charlene got home, we went back out and did the same loop just to get in another ride before the light and temps when down.  Soon the cold will be gone.

The exotic car tally now stands at 9 Ferraris, 5 Teslas, 2 Lambos, 3 Maseratis, 2 Cobras, 2 Unknowns, 1 Bentley, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Austin-Healey.

At Darby Creek Bridge

Darby Creek Bridge

Darby Creek

Darby Creek Bridge

Before the rides


No comments:

Post a Comment