Ride to Work

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Feast of St. Patrick

2675.1 miles at 13:00 on 16 May 2015
Yesterday the temps were not as high as expected in the morning, at 09:00 the hovered around the mid 30s, so there was no riding to work in the Bullet at that time.  However, by lunch time they had risen to the mid 50s so that was enough to take the first commute of the year. The odo before the ride read 2675.1 miles so that is the mileage that we accumulated in last year's season of riding since buying the Bullet in early April.  The photo shows the clock at the right time, I guess it payed off not change it last winter.  XD

This morning, on St. Patrick's Day, I rode the Bullet to work in low 60s temps.  I didn't have time to come home for lunch but I came home early from work to take the truck to the shop.  After we returned from that, my wife and I took a short spin on the MG to take advantage of the great weather.  We headed up Goshen to Sugartown and came back via Providence Rd to Goshen.  We stopped at The Institutes for a couple of shots; no pics, it didn't happen.  On the way out on Goshen, I saw a guy on his Austin-Healey roaring in the opposite direction, we exchanged waves, and I bet he was loving being out as much as we were.

At The Institutes

At The Institutes

The forecast for the next seven days is not good, maybe snow on Friday but I can't imagine it will be much.  by this time next week the temps are forecast to start climbing again to the mid 50s low 60s.  Soon, soon!

The exotic car tally now stands at 9 Ferraris, 4 Teslas, 2 Lambos, 3 Maseratis, 2 Cobras, 2 Unknowns, 1 Bentley, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Austin-Healey.

No comments:

Post a Comment