Ride to Work

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cave Idus Martias!

On the Ides of March we had two rides on the MG to celebrate the coming Death of Winter.  It was actually a little colder than ideal with temps in the low 40s, overcast, and very windy.

My wife and I took another quick loop around the neighborhood around 11:00  but it quickly turned more uncomfortable than we expected and we returned home.  At noon, I took a ride out 252 to the Paoli Shopping Center to take some film to be developed at Ritz Camera and fueled up at the Luke Oil on the corner of Leopard Rd. and 30.  I filled the tank all the way to the top since I had made a patch on it last December where I thought the spout was leaking.  It turns out that the leak is still there.  It may be from a bad cap, that will be the next step.  If changing the cap does not work, I will replace the tank.  On the way back I took the Sugartown Rd/Church Rd loop and stopped at The Willows for a photo from my phone.  No photos, it didn't happen so that was a necessary stop.  The pond at The Willows is still completely frozen over.

Speedo/odo with mileage at fill-up

Tomorrow the temps are forecast to go as high as the low sixties so I am thinking it's time to take the Enfield out.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment