Ride to Work

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two Ride Sunday

Did not get out until later in the day but was able to squeeze two rides in anyway.  The first ride was out Goshen/Strasburg to 352 and there all the way across to my gun club in Brookhaven.  The 352 part of that ride was really nice.  A little busier than Goshen/Strasburg but still plenty of twists and turns.  Once 352 crosses Rt. 1 it opens up to four lanes and it's pretty flat and straight.  I looped around Dutton Mill Rd, Chester Creek Rd, and Knowlton Road by Linvilla Orchards to get back to 352.  The return ride was 352 to Rt. 1 to 252.  Much shorter but not as much fun of a ride.  The Rt. 1 portion gave me the chance to open the throttle a little to keep up with traffic.  The Bullet handled it just fine.  At the end of that ride the odo clocked 459.7 miles.

As soon as I returned home I took my wife for a pillion ride around the neighborhood.  We did the 252, Newtown Street Rd to Sugartown Rd loop.  From Sugartown we took Church to Harrison down St. David's to the roundabout back to Waterloo and Church.  It was a nice early evening ride.  We did run through Signal Hill a couple of times to enjoy that neighborhood loop.   That ride clocked us to 475.6 miles.

Soon I will have to schedule the first maintenance run with Kiss Honda.  I figure that between now and the following weekend I should clock close to 600 miles.  I know next weekend I won't be able to ride much but with commuting a couple of after work rides I should be able to get close enough to schedule the maintenance for the following weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment