Ride to Work

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

500 Miles

The Bullet hit 500 miles on Sproul below Conestoga this morning on the way to work.  Considering the first ride on the bike was on the 8th of last month, and that there was about a week there (between the 22nd and the 27th) when I was too sick to ride, 500 miles in 27 days is not too bad of an average.  Time to call Kiss Honda and schedule the first maintenance iteration.

The first 500 have gone without a hitch, there was only one time in which the bike refused to start and I am not sure that wasn't operator error.  Everything seems to be breaking-in the way it's supposed to and I couldn't be happier with it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the B5, and on getting near to having it broken in.

    I have over 12,000 miles on my 2011 B5. I ride it to work when the weather isn't 1) too wet or 2) too hot. It's almost never too cold in Houston.

    I've had it since September 2011. First two years I put about 5000 miles each year, but it was so rainy this winter that I've only put 2000 more, and it'll soon be time to park it for the summer.

    I'm getting 67 mpg on my commute, running an indicated 70 mph (actual 65 according to GPS), and my commute is 36 miles each way. I've been very happy with it. Had one oil leak fixed under warranty, and a weld on the original exhaust broke (also fixed under warranty). Other than that's it's been great. I replaced the rear sprocket and the chain myself. (Had the front sprocket up-sized a tooth when it was in for the oil leak.)

    Anyway, glad you're enjoying yours! Be sure to check that the nuts holding the muffler are tight. Might want to check all of the nuts for awhile, and maybe use a little blue loctite here and there.

    Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips, Alan! I'll be sure to check the nuts and use the loctite where necessary. Great to hear you are enjoying yours.

    Best,

    V.

    ReplyDelete