Ride to Work

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Monogram MG-TC 1/24 Model

Monogram MG TC model
I saw one of the guys in the MGTD Replica Forum building a vintage 1977 Monogram die-cast and plastic 1/24 model of an MG TC and I thought that since there won't be much riding any time soon it would be nice to spend sometime building one as well.

Locating one wasn't hard.  A search on ebay turned up several examples at around $10.00 so I choose the best sounding one and used the buy it now feature.  The model arrived last Friday and I finally got around to opening the box today.  Surprising as it may be, everything that was supposed to be included was in the box.  That is rather amazing considering this box has probably been rolling around opened for almost 38 years.

It looks like a pretty straight forward build and I'm looking forward to starting it soon.  The pics below are an inventory of the parts.  The wheels are there but Lucifer decided he wanted to play with them and I could not take a picture for fear of having them damaged or lost.





Contents of the box

Interior, top, and engine parts

Lights, rear window, and windshield

Chrome

No comments:

Post a Comment