Ride to Work

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Random Rides

Baldwin's Book Barn
(taken with my Nikon D7000)

The last month has been very busy with work and travel and not much time for riding.  Since August 14th I've only been able to clock a little over 300 miles on the Bullet.  Some of that was done commuting to work and with just a handful of short rides.

Willistown Quaker Meeting House
On August 14th, I managed a ride out to Baldwin's Book Barn using the Goshen to 926 route with a right turn on Creek Road to Lanape Road/52.  On this run I managed to stop at the Willistown Meeting House and take some pics of the Bullet on an empty parking lot.  This was a nice ride out to the Barn and back on the same route with a stop for gas at the station on the corner of 202 and 926.  There, the gas station attendant, a nice older Indian gentleman, came out to talk to me about the Bullet and to make sure that I understood that they were made in India.  You could tell the level of national pride he took on seeing the Bullet on American roads.  I thoroughly enjoy talking to him about Royal Enfields and his motorcycle experiences in India.

New Seven Inch Light and Visor
Sometime after that ride, I took the Bullet out to Pottstown to have the Kiss Honda folks install a seven inch head light and visor.   They did the work with the usual high level of services and speed.  I also had them adjust the shifter to be a little higher because it was not comfortable to use.  This adjustment has improved the shifting pattern and has definitely reduced the number of false neutrals the Bullet kept insisting on.

The ride out and back to Pottstown was a nice stretch after just commuting to work and definitely enjoyable.  Road surfaces have all been redone which made the ride quite enjoyable  and fun.


New Seven Inch Light and Visor
New Seven Inch Light and Visor






 On September 6th and 7th I took a couple of short rides out on the Goshen-Strasburg loop with some deviations.  The ride on the 6th included a refueling stop at the Wawa on Route 3 and 352 with a return loop out 352 to 926 and the back to Garret Mill and Goshen.  This was an early evening ride that also included a run out Grubbs Mill to Warren and Providence on the outbound leg.  It was a nice even ride and very enjoyable.

The Institutes in Malvern
On the 7th, I took an early ride out Goshen to  Sugartown and Providence for a stop at The Institutes for some photos in their campus.  From there I looped back to Goshen and turned around at the bridge over Ridley Creek for a run to Warren.  This loop out Warren Road was to take the Bullet to my storage facility as I would be leaving the country the next day and I did not want to leave it at home for that time.  I was out in Barcelona attending the events commemorating the 300th Anniversary of the September 11th of 1714 which marks a very important date in Catalan history.  I also took part in the Vote for Independence demonstration held in Barcelona on September 11th.  

The Institutes in Malvern

American Flag Farm on Providence Road

Yesterday I picked the Bullet up from storage and took a short ride on some back roads through Malvern and Paoli.  Today I took the first long ride in quite a while going out Goshen to the 926 loop but leaving 926 at 202 to ride through West Chester and back.  That is the first time I've taken that route, 202 runs into High Street and goes through West Chester where it eventually meets Union Street for the way back.

This was another excellent ride, the weather is starting to turn cold and the leaves are starting to change color.  I had to wear long sleeves under my mesh jacket and use my leather gloves instead of the summer gloves.  It is very enjoyable but Fall will be officially here tomorrow and soon the riding season will come to an end.  I wanted to clock 3,000 miles before having to put the bike away for the winter and I don't know if I will be able to do that.  When I picked the Bullet up from storage it had 1950 miles on the clock.  After today's ride the clock is reading 2008.4 miles.  If the temperatures continue to drop and we have an early Winter, I may not be able to clock the next 992 miles.  Last year I had my last ride on December 27th but things got really bad shortly after that and there was no riding again until April.  This year winter may come earlier and last longer.  Only time will tell.

The next fill up will not be due until 2132 miles.

Viure Lliure - Live Free
Barcelona, Catalunya

With my son and my grandson at the Fossar de les Moreres on 11 Sept 2014
El Born, Barcelona, Catalunya

Castells on the Pla de la Seu on 11 Sept 2014
Tarragona, Catalunya

With my wife and my grandson on 11 Sept 2014
Les Rambles, Barcelona, Catalunya
(See the rest of my Catalunya photos in the Flickr set Catalunya 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment