Ride to Work

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mystery Mansion

Manor House on Wetherby Lane 
There's a house in New Orleans... No, the house is actually on Wetherby Lane in Easttown but that's a good line to start out with and its is really not so much a house as and English manor.   At any rate, this house sits at the top of a hill at the end of a lane surrounded by what looks like a typical 1970s subdivision.  Try as I might, information on the house has been very elusive so its history is till shrouded in mystery.

What actually happened, while unknown to me, is that probably that the former owners of the estate fell into hard times and sold the property to be subdivided while keeping the main house in the center of the development.  At any rate, I've been seeing this place for the last couple of years and finally, on Saturday morning, I took a ride out the with the Bullet to take a couple of shots.

The Bullet and the Manor House
This Saturday morning ride was very short as we had plans to take Montse out for a longer drive out to New Castle, Delaware.  An early morning Saturday ride usually means that there is not much traffic but for some strange reason it seemed that every Pennsylvanian was out on the road intent on being in my way.  The ride started out up Church Rd towards Wetherby Ln, but I overshot the turn and made a left on Waterloo to find a turn around point.  As soon as that was done I went back to the Lane so I could get the pictures taken.  

After that I headed back on Church towards St. Davids Rd for a right turn towards Newtown Rd.  From there I followed that to Sugartown out to 30 and Conestoga for the trip back home.  On the way home, at the corner of Malin and Earles Lane, I saw a white Tesla at the stop sign on Earles Lane.  The exotic car tally now stands at 4 Ferraris, 1 Lambo, 2 Maseratis, 1 unkwon, 1 Cobra, 1 Bentley, 1 DeLorean, and 1 Tesla.

At the beginning of the ride the Bullet had 2051.8 miles on the odo by the end we were up to 2070.8   

Mileage at beginning


Bullet and Manor

Manor House



Bullet and Manor



No comments:

Post a Comment