Ride to Work

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The First Day of Christmas - The Feast of Saint Stephen

Historic Sugartown
Good King Wenceslas went out, on the Feast of Stephen,because the snow did not lay round about, deep and crisp and even.  Actually, there was no snow at all so I took advantage of another beautiful and relatively warm day to take another short ride on the Bullet.

This time I left the house at around 13:00 when temps were expected to be at their highest (around the low 50s) and headed out towards Church Rd.  My plan was to follow Church to Sugartown Rd. and then North towards 30 to go to the Game Stop in the shopping center at Sugartown and 30.  On reaching Waterloo Rd., I changed the plan and took that to Sugartown.  The Game Stop was completely swamped with people so I did not stick around long.  However, I did kick start the Bullet on the second kick which was pretty bad.  Haven't used the kick start much because I don't seem to be very successful with it.

I reversed my direction on Sugartown but followed it out towards Darby Paoli Rd. and the Paoli Pike loop back to the other Sugartown Rd.  Once on Sugartown Rd., I stopped at Sugartown itself, on the intersection of Sugartown Rd. and Boot Rd., to take some pics in the ruined house behind the built up area of the "town", if you can call it that being mainly four or five houses on the road.  After the pictures I got the bike running again with another kick so that is town successful attempts in a row.


Historic Sugartown
After that I proceeded to Goshen for a left and the continued loop back home.  At the intersection of Goshen and Providence, there was what might have been a burgundy 1950s Jaguar XK120 south bound on Goshen making a left onto Providence.  I say might have been because I'm not sure I identified correctly.  I think with this sighting I will begin a "Classic Car" tally.  I have counted a MGA in the exotic car tally before but I just don't think these types of car qualify as exotic, they are more in the classic venue.  So the classic car tally is now one MGA and one 1950s Jag.

A beautiful winter's day for a ride, clear, brisk, with light traffic and great road conditions.  I hope this winter continues in this way.  On the way out the odo read 2621.4 and on return 2643.6.


Historic Sugartown

Historic Sugartown

Historic Sugartown

Historic Sugartown

Historic Sugartown



No comments:

Post a Comment