Ride to Work

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Mardi Gras!

It's Mardi Gras, Rex and Zulu are parading down Canal Street, and I'm still not in New Orleans but in this frozen Hell that is Pennsylvania.  At least it snowed enough last night to get my first snow day for the year.  I had this King Cake delivered from Nonna Randazzo's Italian Bakery in New Orleans to share with my class which was scheduled for today.  Since we got a snow day we will have to have the King Cake on Thursday, already into the Lenten Season but I don't care.  I'm not going to let this taste of New Orleans go to waste over some religious observances.

The temps have been brutal lately, yesterday the thermometer on the car read 0 on the way to work.  Human beings are not meant to live in this kind of environment.  I feel bad for my son who is living in Minneapolis where temps below zero seem to be the norm.  The only hope is that we have eleven days left in February and twenty-one days in March before the equinox.  No guarantee that it will be warm after that but we know that Spring is coming.

Rex King of the Mardi Gras


Zulu Maid


Le Beouf Gras

The Obligatory Topless Girl on Bourbon Street
See my Mardi Gras photos on Flickr here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment