Ride to Work

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

1952 MGTD Replica Car

New project and not motorcycle related, well maybe, it has always been my contention that a motorcycle is the poor man's convertible so who knows.  One of my friends, who is a hell of a nice guy, had this Fiberfab MiGi II sitting in his garage.  He had the car for several years but in the last four years the car just sat in the garage without moving.  His wife has been on him about doing something about it and about a month ago we were talking about the car and he offered it to me for just hauling it away.  A deal like that I could not pass up!

After clearing it with the Major General (the wife) and making arrangements with storage, insurance, and my local garage all that was left was to pick it up this morning.  USAA roadside assistance provided the lift and transported the car to Boyle's Service Station, my local guy, for whatever repairs may be needed.

The car appears to be in really good condition it's based on a 1971 Volkswagen Bug and was built in the early 80s, maybe in 1983.  It was running in 2010 and that was its last inspection year.  The engine is a 1600 cc and also looks in good condition but the battery is deader than a door nail so no way of knowing what else may need work.

I have always wanted a convertible and never had one before so I am really thankful to my friend, Dick, for just letting me have this toy.  Looking forward to getting this little beauty on the road!


On the Penna Turnpike

Almost at Boyle's



No comments:

Post a Comment